Let us see the simple and the easiest explanation about- Molarity calculations, Definition of molarity and "What is Molarity" in Brief:-
- Molarity is the number of moles of solute per unit volume of a solution.
- Molarity measures the strength of a solution.
- Solution is made up of a solute as well as solvent.
- More the solute higher the strength as well as concentration of the solution.
- More the solvent lesser the strength as well as concentration of the solution.
Formula of Molarity:- Molarity = Moles of solute/Litres of solution
Example: Find out the molarity of 200ml solution with 0.2 moles of NaCl.
Here the solution is in ml so we have to convert it into Litre, Hence 200/1000 = 0.2L
Therefore as per formula:-
Molarity =0.2moles of solute/0.2Litre of solution
Hence the anwer is 1 Molar or 1 moles/L
I hope it is now clear that what is molarity, its unit and how to calculate molarity.