Central Nervous System- Cerebral Cortex
- Fine pain
- Tactile discrimination and temperature
- Fine voluntary movements
- It Also acts as an one of the important coordinator and exerts inhibitory control over lower centers.
Central Nervous System- Frontal lobes
- Integration of emotional behavior
Central Nervous System- Limbic system
- It Integrates emotional state along with motor and visceral activities
Central Nervous System-Basal ganglia
- Lesions produce tremors and rigidity in flexion.
- Extrapyramidal control of skeletal muscle tone
- Co-ordination of posture.
Central Nervous System- Thalamus
- Exerts regulatory control over visceral functions.
- Relay center for sensory pathways to cortex.
- Conscious appreciation of pain, temperature and crude touch sensations.
Central Nervous System- Hypothalamus
- Important center of integration of eating, drinking, sexual behavior, temperature regulation,sleep, circadian rhythms and other vegetative functions.
- Control of the autonomic nervous system
- Control of adenohypophysis
Central Nervous System- Cerebellum
- Control of vestibular function and body posture.
Central Nervous System for Reticular formation
- Sleep-wakefulness cycle
- Control of blood pressure
- Transmission of crude pain
- Voluntary muscle tone and posture
- Control of upper motor neurons.
Central Nervous System- Spinal Cord
- Reflex movements
- Control of muscle tone
- The upper and the lower motor neurons through presynaptic and post-synaptic inhibition.