- Value < 10 is lipid soluble (Water insoluble)
- Value > 10 is water soluble (Lipid insoluble)
- Value between 4 and 8 indicates anti-foaming agent
- Value from 7 to 11 indicates (water in oil W/O) emulsifier.
- Value from 12 to 16 indicates (Oil in water O/W) emulsifier.
- Value from 11 to 14 indicates wetting agents.
- Value from 12 to 15 indicates detergent.
- Value for 16 to 20 indicates hydrotrope or solubiliser.
Monday, 15 April 2013
HLB Value Hydrophilic-Lipophilic Balance
FULL FORM OF API What is the full form of API in pharma industry? Answer: Active Pharmaceutical Ingredient API is the central ing...
Some applications of conductometry are discussed here, conductometry in analytical chemistry is used to measure the progress of chemical r...
“Knowledge Grows When Shared” is my belief and hence this blog. It would be wonderful if the visitors to this blog too can contribute by answering to questions posed. Not all the questions here have an answer from me but we together can create a veritable pool of knowledge here. Thank you