Let us see some of the types of air pollution. But before knowing that let us check it out definition of pollution. As we all know that pollution is as unwanted material or something which is added to the environment which causes harmful effect on human beings, animals or all living organism. There are five different types of air pollution which are classified and listed below.
Five different varieties or types of air pollution are as follows:
- Industrial air pollution which may arise from thermal power plants, food industry, pesticides, fertilizers and pharmaceutical industry. Due to cement, steel, paper or sugar industry. Air also pollutes due to textile related industries or due to atomic units.
- Transportation causes pollution in which vehicles liberates smoke and pollutes surroundings, it may due to all forms of terrestrial transport, urban transport or due to other modes of transport.
- Accidental air pollution which may arise due to fires in forests, by accidents of petroleum carrying vehicles or may be due to leakage or a blast in certain industries.
- Smog formation, pollution may arise, in which smoke from different industries released in to the environment and then mixes with the fog present in air which is known as Smog.
- Pollution by Green house effect in which several important gases are released and combine with air, which rises upward and combine with the atmosphere and return back to the earth and destroy crops, human lives, animals ,plants and livestock etc.