Reversed Phase HPLC is a chromatographic technique also know as Reversed-Phase Chromatography (RPC) or hydrophobic Chromatography. So let us clear what is reverse phase HPLC and discuss some of the information about reverse phase.
Basic Principle involve in this reverse phase chromatography process are as follows :
Some of the reasons for its popularity are as follows:
- The columns used in RPC are stable and efficient.
- RPC is considered a robust technique.
- RPC allows precise control of various variables such as ph, temperature, concentration and organic solvent type.
- RPC is applicable to a wide variety or wide range of molecules which includes charged and polar molecules.
Uses of reverse phase HPLC or (RP-HPLC)
- This technique is widely used in pharmaceutical as well as clinical work to separate hydrophobic compounds.
- It is possible to apply serum, urine directly to column.
- It can separate charged molecule.