Inventions which are patentable In India
- Patent should be novel: Novelty means it has not been disclosed in the public through any type of publication before filing a patent application in respect of the invention.
- Patent should be non-obvious and inventive step is used.
- Patent should be useful and industrially applicable.
Inventions - Not Patentable In India
- An invention which is frivolous.
- Mere discovery of scientific principle.
- The mere discovery of a new form of a known substance which does not result in the enhancement of the efficacy of that substance.
- Method of agriculture or horticulture
- A presentation of information
- Topography of integrated circuits.
- A methematical or business method or a computer programme per se or algorithms.
- Any process for the medicinal , surgical, curative, prophylactic, diagnostic, therapeutic or other treatment of human beings.