- It is used in petroleum industry, metallic impurities in petrol, lubricating oils have been determined.
- It is used in alloys, metallurgy and in inorganic analysis.
- Used in analysis of many ores and minerals.
- It is used in biochemical analysis such as used in estimation of sodium, potassium, zinc, lead, cadmium, mercury, calcium, iron and magnesium.
- Also used in pharmaceutical analysis, for estimation of zinc in insulin preparations, creams and in calamine, oils, calcium in calcium salts, lead in calcium carbonate and also as impurity in number of chemical salts have been done.
- Sodium, calcium, and potassium in saline and ringer solutions are estimated by this method.
- Analysis of ash for determining the contents of sodium, potassium, calcium, magnesium and iron is carried out in boiler deposits.
- Used in cement industry.
- Used in agriculture, soil, forestry, fertilizer and eceanography etc.
- Used in assay of Intraperitoneal dialysis, activated charcoal, cisplatin
Saturday, 9 February 2013
Applications of atomic absorption spectroscopy
FULL FORM OF API What is the full form of API in pharma industry? Answer: Active Pharmaceutical Ingredient API is the central ing...
Some applications of conductometry are discussed here, conductometry in analytical chemistry is used to measure the progress of chemical r...
“Knowledge Grows When Shared” is my belief and hence this blog. It would be wonderful if the visitors to this blog too can contribute by answering to questions posed. Not all the questions here have an answer from me but we together can create a veritable pool of knowledge here. Thank you