Solar energy:Let us discuss advantages and disadvantages of Solar energy.Some of them in brief.
Some of the advantages of Solar energy are as follows:
- As sunlight is completely free and renewable.
- Pollution free production or generation of energy through solar panels.
- Solar cells can save a lots of energy than electric bills.
- Possible to generate electricity in remote areas
- System are very low maintenance .
- The production of energy is very quite unlike other different form of energy generation such as wind turbines or engines.
- Calculators , some wrist watches and other devices can be prepared which uses solar energy.
- Large area is needed to attain good level of efficiency.
- Only in daytime we can generate energy , not possible in night.
- Cloudy day or rain can alter the generation of solar energy.
- Even though maintenance cost of solar cells is low but its initial cost is very expensive.
- Solar energy cannot be produced in areas such as dense forests or hilly areas where sunlight is not available is sufficient amount.