- Biotechnology can be used to grow better crops, hybrid crops can be made which gives high yield and disease resistant.
- Value added product of plants or crops can be made with the help of biotechnology.
- Crops yield can be improved by introducing specific genes into the plants using biotechnology, this genes are resistant to insects, resistant to environmental stress such as (heat, cold, drought) and tolerance to herbicides.
- Tolerance from virus can be done with biotechnology.
- Genetically engineered poultry can be done with biotechnology.
- Genetically engineered plants can be grown.
- Some of the genetically engineered microorganism can be made which can be used as pesticides.
- Genetically engineered insects can be made which are used in agriculture.
- Nutritional value in plant can be improved with this technology.
- Productivity of crops can be improved with biotechnology.
- Gene therapy is also available which is used in diagnosis of Parkinson and Cancer disease.
- Using genetic testing we can study if there is any disease in children or parents.
- Biotechnology is used in making beer.
- Biotechnology is used in making bread.
- Biotechnology is used in making fruit and vegetable juices.
- Biotechnology is used in making cheese and other cheese products.
- Various enzymes can be made which are used as catalyst in various chemical reaction.
Tuesday, 24 June 2014
Applications of Biotechnology
FULL FORM OF API What is the full form of API in pharma industry? Answer: Active Pharmaceutical Ingredient API is the central ing...
Some applications of conductometry are discussed here, conductometry in analytical chemistry is used to measure the progress of chemical r...
“Knowledge Grows When Shared” is my belief and hence this blog. It would be wonderful if the visitors to this blog too can contribute by answering to questions posed. Not all the questions here have an answer from me but we together can create a veritable pool of knowledge here. Thank you