- Gene therapy is one of the application of biotechnology which is used to diagnose and treat diseases like cancer and Parkinson.
- Through various genetically modified animals and plant scientist are trying to make various Biopharmaceuticals to treat various disease.
- Pharmacogenomics is one of the applications in which the genetic information of an individual is studied. Using this genetic information the behavior of certain drugs on body can be studied. So that according to the genetic information favorable drugs can be prepared.
- Genetic testing is also an important application in which the genetic disease in children and parents can be identified.
- Many hormones , chemicals and enzymes for pharmaceuticals industries are produced using biotechnology.
- The gene of interest can be introduced into the body using genetic engineering and recombinant DNA technology.
- With the help of biotechnology various antibiotics are developed and are used.
- Production of vaccines for animals and humans.
Tuesday, 24 June 2014
Applications of Biotechnology in medicine
FULL FORM OF API What is the full form of API in pharma industry? Answer: Active Pharmaceutical Ingredient API is the central ing...
Some applications of conductometry are discussed here, conductometry in analytical chemistry is used to measure the progress of chemical r...
“Knowledge Grows When Shared” is my belief and hence this blog. It would be wonderful if the visitors to this blog too can contribute by answering to questions posed. Not all the questions here have an answer from me but we together can create a veritable pool of knowledge here. Thank you