- Diseases resistant crops can be made using biotechnology.
- Plant which are grown using biotechnology are used in production of various biopharmaceuticals to treat various disease.
- Plants are also used to create antibiotics which can be used for both animals and humans.
- Plants can be made which are resistant to various environmental stresses such as cold, heat or drought.
- Improves yield of crops by introducing various genes which are resistant to insects and are tolerance to herbicides.
- Nutritional value of plants can be increased by biotechnology.
Tuesday, 24 June 2014
Applications of Biotechnology in agriculture
FULL FORM OF API What is the full form of API in pharma industry? Answer: Active Pharmaceutical Ingredient API is the central ing...
Some applications of conductometry are discussed here, conductometry in analytical chemistry is used to measure the progress of chemical r...
“Knowledge Grows When Shared” is my belief and hence this blog. It would be wonderful if the visitors to this blog too can contribute by answering to questions posed. Not all the questions here have an answer from me but we together can create a veritable pool of knowledge here. Thank you